Jumat, 31 Januari 2014

PROCEDURAL Flag x Tilt Addon

,
A quick render test using "Tilt" Addon with help of  IMG2TILT
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2388316/Img2Tilt/index.html

Using Wikipedia SVG of World Map
(a higher density samples can be more interesting, but IMG2TILT seems has limited sampling)
Australian Map X Aboriginal Map
(as flag is low resolution and perfect for IMG2TILT, you get nicer result instantly)

IMG2TILT is a neat add-on on that converts an image into HTML that "Tilt" can read and convert into 3D cubes with different height based on the luminance *maybe*. It does it with low sampling thought, so it makes me thinking maybe you can do similar thing to IMG2TILT but with higher resolution sampling.

If I were to do create this similar effect using Blender out of the box, I think the Blender Particles system can do this, up to certain extent.

On the side note, I can do this inside Houdini, though:

In Maya... well, headache! :) Possible using Maya SOuP I reckon, just slightly trickier.

So Ill probably post on how you can do this using Blender. So you can skip IMG2TILT altogether. The result using current Blender Particle system is limited though.

I supposed "Tilt" add-on also worth further exploration..... I gotta study Python a bit more so maybe NodeBox2 --> Blender Procedural City using "Tilt" concept is possible.

In the mean time, enough 3D software this and that, this is the result using Houdini --> rendered in Blender:

Original Photo: Grazia Magazine, Miranda Kerr as WONDER WOMAN for Australia Day 2012


0 komentar to “PROCEDURAL Flag x Tilt Addon”

Posting Komentar

 

Our Information Copyright © 2016-2022 -- Powered by Blogger