Rabu, 08 Januari 2014

The F Cat

,
Side Note: There was this stunning set of photographs taken by Sony RX100 at Ken Tanakas website. You can view the images here (click). The link was discovered through TheOnlinePhotographer. 
Man, looking at the images alone I am already convinced that the Sony RX100 means serious business. Looks like Steve Huff is not bluffing when he claimed this RX100 is the best digital compact camera ever produced.


They say at the moment you click the shutter button, you have a certain emotional attachment to your photograph which could cloud your own perception of the quality of work. They say that emotional attachment is temporary. They say good photographs will withstand the test of time, and will not have anything to do with the temporary emotional attachment that made the photograph shine for that particular one moment. They say a lot of things. 

I say, a good photograph is a good photograph, not matter what they say. Period. 

F-F-F Cat
Taken in May 2010, when I just started to explore into the world of street photography. 
Image was shot with Olympus DSLR E-520 and humble, underrated, kit lens, Zuiko 14-42mm F3.5-5.6

Looking back now I do think that I have produced some better photographs in my early days in street shooting. Perhaps they do not fit very well into what the world would try to define true street photography as a genre, but the photographs I took a year or two ago has a lot more "identity" or parts and pieces of "myself" in them. They may not be something that everyone would agree to, or click the "like" button on Facebook, or receiving many "comments and favs" in Flickr page. However, they were my images, and as I made them happen with my beautiful camera and lens, there was that beautiful emotional connection I have created, no matter how brief or insignificant it may be for the rest of the world. That connection is what made the photograph work, and worth spending time and effort being out there shooting. Even though that connection between the photographer and his image may not be relevant to the audience, it has a very strong personal value behind it, and that itself is good enough reason for the photographer to love his image. 


0 komentar to “The F Cat”

Posting Komentar

 

Our Information Copyright © 2016-2022 -- Powered by Blogger